The Policy is incorporated into and subject to the terms and conditions of Swiss Vault’s Terms of Service and License, available on the Websites. Use of the Websites, Services and Products is hence subject to compliance with these Terms of Service and License. Using the Websites, Services and Products is understood as acknowledgement of having read, understood and agreed Swiss Vault’s Terms of Service and License, which incorporates the Policy. If either of the Policy or Swiss Vault’s Terms of Service and License is not accepted, do not provide Swiss Vault with any information and do not use the Websites, Services and Products.
2. Collecting Private Information
Generally, users are not required to provide private information for visiting the Websites or watching publicly available information. However, for running, distributing, maintaining or improving the Websites, Services and Products Swiss Vault may collect users’ information. In particular:
- E-Mail Addresses and Identification Information – In order to take advantage of certain features users need to provide their e-mail addresses and/or information allowing the users to be identified. In particular, for performing account related activities in connection with the Websites, Services or Products registering an e-mail address and/or identification information is required. Swiss Vault uses the e-mail addresses and/or identification information for operating, maintaining, and providing the users with data, software, personalized features and functionality of the Website, Services or Products. Swiss Vault does not use the users’ e-mail addresses and/or identification information to send commercial or marketing messages unless consent or an option to opt-out is provided. Swiss Vault reserves the right to use collected e-mail addresses and/or identification information for operating and keeping updated the Website, Services and Products. Also, Swiss Vault reserves the right to use collected e-mail addresses and/or identification information for contacting users with regard to violation of the Policy, Swiss Vault’s Terms of Service and License, or any law or applicable regulation. If users’ e-mail addresses and/or identification information change, if the Websites, Services or Products are no longer desired the e-mail addresses and/or identification information may be corrected, updated, or deleted via a respective section of the Websites or by contacting Swiss Vault. Swiss Vault reserves the right to retain and use the users’ e-mail addresses and/or identification information to comply with any legal obligation, to resolve disputes, and to enforce agreements.
- Swiss Vault event registration: if you have registered for one of our Swiss Vault events, we reserve the right to communicate your company name. No personal data will be published.
- 3rd Party System Credentials – Swiss Vault stores 3rd party system credentials and/or API tokens for allowing the users receiving information by e-mail or directly in the users’ preferred 3rd party system.
- Usage Data – Swiss Vault may collect data about the users’ usage of the Websites, Services or Products. However, Swiss Vault agrees to make such data anonymous unless specified otherwise in the Policy.
- Aliases – Within the Websites, Services and Products Swiss Vault may use aliases of the users for being displayed among each other.
3. Activity Information
For operating the Websites, Services and Products Swiss Vault may store on its server(s) private information related to the users’ activity on the Websites, Services and Products and may disclose such information to other users of the Websites, Services and Products.
Swiss Vault reserves the right to disclose activity information or log files thereof to comply with any legal obligation, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
4. IP Addresses
Swiss Vault collects and logs IP addresses of visitors and users of the Websites and Services for administrative and analytical purposes. Swiss Vault does not routinely collect any possible information through collection of IP addresses.
In order to comply with any legal obligation, resolve disputes, enforce agreements such as Swiss Vault’s Terms of Service and License and to protect or troubleshoot the Websites or Services, Swiss Vault may use IP addresses in conjunction with other personally identifiable information.
Security of data including users’ private information is of major importance to Swiss Vault. In cases that collecting sensitive user data is required, e.g. a credit card number for purchasing purposes, such data and transmission is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Swiss Vault follows accepted standards to protect such sensitive data submitted, both during transmission and on receiving. However, security of the applied method of transmission cannot completely be guaranteed.
6. Sharing Information
Swiss Vault shares private information with 3rd parties only in the ways described in the Policy, particularly in cases that:
- a 3rd party provides Swiss Vault with business activities such as payment processing. Such 3rd party is authorized to use private information only as required to provide Swiss Vault with these activities;
- a user behaves abusively on the Websites or via the Services or a violation of Swiss Vault’s Terms of Service and License or of the Policy is suspected, wherein, in such cases, Swiss Vault may share private information in order to investigate the violation and/or to take appropriate action;
- sanctions, court orders, or legal processes are to respond to prevent fraud or imminent harm;
- Swiss Vault’s legal rights or defence against legal claims are to establish or exercise; or
- Swiss Vault is acquired by or merged into another legal entity.
7. Google Analytics & AdWords
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating such use of the Website, Services and Products compiling reports on activity for operators and providing other services relating to activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to 3rd parties where required to do so by law, or where such 3rd parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
8. Links to 3rd Party Websites
The Websites and Services may contain links to 3rd party websites of interest. In case such links are accessed and you thereby leave Swiss Vault’s Websites and Services, please note that Swiss Vault does not have any control over such 3rd party website(s). Therefore, Swiss Vault is not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information provided whilst visiting such 3rd party websites and such 3rd party websites are not governed by the Policy.
9. Blogs and Forums
The Websites and Services may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Users are to be aware that any information provided in this context may be read, collected, and used by others who access these blogs and forums. Removal of private information from Swiss Vault’s blog or forum can be requested and will be performed if possible.
Swiss Vault may amend the Policy from time to time wherein in such a case the revised Policy will be posted on the Website. Such amendment of the Policy may result in using private information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in the Policy. Please periodically check the latest version of the Policy on the Websites.
11. Your Rights
Swiss Vault takes your privacy seriously and therefore would like to make sure you are aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access & data portability
You have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of the personal data we have. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification
You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions that ensure we remain compliant under data retention regulations.
The right to restrict or object to processing
You have the right to request that we restrict or object to the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions. Depending upon the specific request, we would resolve by erasing some or all of your data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Swiss Vault GmbH
The English version of the Policy will be the version used when interpreting or construing the agreement between you and Swiss Vault.
If for any reason any provision of the Policy, or portion thereof, turns out to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the parties as reflected by that provision, and the remainder of the Policy shall continue in full force and effect.
You are solely responsible for your familiarity and compliance with any laws that may prohibit you from participating in or using the Websites, Services or Products.
All headings in the Policy are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.